Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Shave for a Cure - Marshland Musketeers

Shave for a Cure 

Marshland Musketeers



On Friday thirteenth of April 2018, Mr Sutherland, Mr Gillstrom, Mr Tyson, Mr Cowles, Isana Y, Caitlin S, and Campbell W all participated in Shave for a Cure. Caitlin and Isana cut and donated over 35cm of their hair to be made into wigs for people with cancer that have lost their hair going through chemotherapy. While Mr Sutherland, Mr Gillstrom, Mr Tyson, Mr Cowles, and Campbell W shaved their luscious locks to show their support.

Together with help from the school, family, and friends, we raised nearly $4,000 for Leukaemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand. Thank you to everyone who sponsored, and supported us. Thank you to everyone who attended the Shave/Cut and supported us on the day. And thank you to the Hairdressers from Mane in Prestons, who came and gave their time to cut and shave our hair.




2 comments:

  1. This was a fantastic thing to do for such a good cause! i was so proud of you all. The bonus was that everyone looked pretty good with their new hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs Pascoe! It is really good that everyone looked good! :D

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post