Pages

Friday 2 March 2018

ECO Friendly Marshland


Campbell's role is Eco Leader.  As our school gets bigger, we want to make sure the we are being ECO friendly.  

As part of this, we have contacted the Council and got more recyclable bins delivered to our school.  Each hub have been allocated their own bin, and the office have two.  To help ensure that only the correct items are being put into the bin, Campbell and his selected committee stuck signs to the front of each bin with pictures of what is recyclable and what is not.  Campbell will speak to the assembly on Monday to reinforce this message.

Campbell and his committee will be responsible for taking the bins out, and bringing them back in weekly.  To help encourage hubs to recycle successfully, Campbell will also be handing out awards to hubs that have fantastic recycling behaviours!

"I am really looking forward to Marshland being up there with the top schools in Christchurch for being ECO friendly!"  Campbell  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Campbell
    What a great idea! It is good to see that the ECO Leader's are being proactive and have introduced more bins to encourage recycling :) I hope everyone starts using them to reduce the amount of rubbish in our skip.
    Does anyone every check to see that the right materials are being put in the bin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Hi Mr Tyson yes we have a look at each hubs bins every once and while and will be handing out awards to the hubs tidiest bin.

      Delete
  2. You have done a great job of implementing this into the school Campbell. It is a simple thing that is making a huge difference and will do for many years. You should be proud of the leadership you have shown in this area. Korimako appreciates it. I can't wait to see what else you have planned.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post