Pages

Friday 16 March 2018

Hell Reading Challenge

Hells Pizza Reading Challenge




This year, all of the Year 1-8 students in Pukeko-Toroa can choose to participate in the Hell Pizza Reading Challenge.
Each student can earn 1 pizza wheel per term. If they wish to do more you can go to the public libraries and get some from there(the librarians tick it of, not the teachers).
How it works is that once a student reads a chapter book or signs off their reading log for the week, they will have to give an explanation on what happened in the book and will get questioned by their teacher about different characters.
Because there are lots of different aged students that read lots of different sized books, there are rules to make it fair for all children.

It will be exciting to see the children reading and being encouraged to read different books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia

    Food is a great way to get children reading! Good on you for showing initiative as Library Leader!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post